Collected by Blaire Ottoboni
Perhaps I was Japanese in a past life. I dream of Kyoto yet I have never been.... yet.
Arashiyama Genrokuzancho, Ukyō-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 616-0007, Japan
In western Kyoto, there is a very large forest of bamboo. As you can see in the photo, the shoots grow very tall, making those who stroll by look quite small. I'm sure there are times when this road is crowded, but when we were there, people were...
73-1 Murasakino Daitokujichō, Kita-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 603-8231, Japan
Kyoto's landscape is dotted with hundreds of temples. Some of the lesser known ones such as Kōtō-in retain a simple yet elegant grace and beauty. We sat in front of this entryway for quite some time. It was just too peaceful to leave.
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village