Collected by John Newton, AFAR Contributor
Şirince Mahallesi, 35920 Selçuk/İzmir, Turkey
The range of products sold at the Şirince Market, which is more accurately a series of stores lining the town main street, is limited. You'll find an abundance of olive oil and olive oil products (like soap), as well as the fruit wines which are...
Dağ Mahallesi, 09400 Kuşadası/Aydın, Turkey
The Kuşadası Bazaar actually consists of two bazaars. The Grand Bazaar is a vast collection of small stores and is the second-largest bazaar in the country, after Istanbul's. The Orient Bazaar is an open-air alternative. Savvy shoppers will be...
Atatürk Mh., 1051. Sk. No:12, 35920 Selçuk/İzmir, Turkey
One of the most popular souvenirs from Turkey, and one which will last a lifetime and beyond if you buy a high-quality one, is a hand-woven kilim or carpet. While you may find a wider selection of carpets in Istanbul, Black Sheep Carpets in Selçuk...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter