Collected by John Walthier
Kumartuli, Hatkhola, Kolkata, West Bengal 700005, India
In the workshops of Kumartuli, a district of Kolkata, workers sculpt figures of female gods from straw and mud dragged out of the holy Hooghly River. These workshops are amazing - and with a little persistence you can walk amongst the workers as...
B1/163, Nagwa Road, Assi ghat, Dumraon Colony, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India
A beautiful daily ceremony right on the banks of the Ganges River. Brahmin perform several rituals that are mesmerizing with the combination of music, bells, and drums. Hundreds of worshipers came to witness the ceremony,...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019