Collected by D Biswas
Raja Katra, Jorasanko, Kolkata, West Bengal 700007, India
While traveling around India I learned to expect the unexpected. Every turn delivered a surprise. When I was in Calcutta, a traffic jam forced my guide and I to abandon our tax ride to the Marble Palace. As we stumbled out the cab door we found...
Rabindra Setu, West Bengal, India
This bridge has no nuts or bolts! Every time I cross it, the bridge shakes and I feel the whole motley crowd will plummet into the river. Truth be told, a million people, a few thousand vehicles cross this bridge every day. It connects the city of...
p222, 1, Strand Bank Rd, Fairley Place, BBD Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal 700001, India
I attended the colorful Flower Market early one morning in Kolkata, India. The market is jam packed with people, vehicles and the ubiquitous flowers. The many species of flowers come in all colors and sizes. The scene is best described as colorful...
12, R.N Mukherjee Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700001, India
For the regulars, route 36 tram is a journey to unwind. It meanders through the greenest parts and the broadest roads of the city. Where other cities have given in to faster cars, Kolkata holds her trams close to her heart. The cars run by the CTC...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December