Collected by D Biswas
Jorasanko, Kolkata, West Bengal 700007, India
While traveling around India I learned to expect the unexpected. Every turn delivered a surprise. When I was in Calcutta, a traffic jam forced my guide and I to abandon our tax ride to the Marble Palace. As we stumbled out the cab door we found...
Rabindra Setu, West Bengal, India
This bridge has no nuts or bolts! Every time I cross it, the bridge shakes and I feel the whole motley crowd will plummet into the river. Truth be told, a million people, a few thousand vehicles cross this bridge every day. It connects the city of...
P222/1, Strand Bank Rd, Fairley Place, BBD Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal 700001, India
I attended the colorful Flower Market early one morning in Kolkata, India. The market is jam packed with people, vehicles and the ubiquitous flowers. The many species of flowers come in all colors and sizes. The scene is best described as colorful...
12, R.N Mukherjee Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700001, India
For the regulars, route 36 tram is a journey to unwind. It meanders through the greenest parts and the broadest roads of the city. Where other cities have given in to faster cars, Kolkata holds her trams close to her heart. The cars run by the CTC...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights