Koh Samui's Top Five
Collected by Jenny Adams, AFAR Local Expert
Bo Put, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani, Thailand
Wat Phra Yai, or the Temple of the Big Buddha, sits on a small island just off of Koh Samui (and accessible via a causeway) and is an impressive and massively proportioned building, from the fierce emerald dragons guarding the entrance to the...
Within this 42-island archipelago—accessible via a 45-minute speedboat ride—you'll find lush jungles and limestone karsts amidst emerald green waters. Take a snorkeling tour (group or solo) or a kayak trip for deeper exploration into Angthong's...
167/1 ตำบล บ่อผุด Tambon Bo Put, Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
Chaweng Beach is one of Koh Samui's most famous stretches of sand, particularly its northern end. Venture further inland to find hints of the rollicking nightlife scene. (The island’s most famous clubs and discos are located there.) But stay by...
Ang Thong, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
An excursion to the island's interior on an eco safari offers an introduction to Koh Samui's natural beauty as well as its cultural highlights. The half-hour trek to the Hin Lat waterfall is one easy option as it winds through the jungle, over a...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun