Koh Samui's Top Five
Collected by Jenny Adams, AFAR Local Expert
Bo Put, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani, Thailand
Wat Phra Yai, or the Temple of the Big Buddha, sits on a small island just off of Koh Samui (and accessible via a causeway) and is an impressive and massively proportioned building, from the fierce emerald dragons guarding the entrance to the...
Within this 42-island archipelago—accessible via a 45-minute speedboat ride—you'll find lush jungles and limestone karsts amidst emerald green waters. Take a snorkeling tour (group or solo) or a kayak trip for deeper exploration into Angthong's...
Pracharakpattana Rd, Tambon Maret, Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani 84310, Thailand
This intimate resort offers a natural setting for pampering spa treatments. Day visitors can choose options ranging from traditional Thai massages to hot and cold stone rubs. The most popular package is the signature Steam & Dream, which includes...
167/1 ตำบล บ่อผุด Tambon Bo Put, Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
Chaweng Beach is one of Koh Samui's most famous stretches of sand, particularly its northern end. Venture further inland to find hints of the rollicking nightlife scene. (The island’s most famous clubs and discos are located there.) But stay by...
Ang Thong, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
An excursion to the island's interior on an eco safari offers an introduction to Koh Samui's natural beauty as well as its cultural highlights. The half-hour trek to the Hin Lat waterfall is one easy option as it winds through the jungle, over a...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna