Kiwi Cool: What to See, Eat, and Drink in Wellington, New Zealand
Collected by Afar Magazine
In the October 2012 issue, Chris Woolston explored the food, farms, and fun of this city by the bay.
Wellington, New Zealand
Cable cars, Victorian houses, fresh crabs on the waterfront: Wellington, New Zealand, is a Southern Hemisphere City by the Bay. With a harbor at its doorstep, farms to the north, and one of the world’s most active café scenes, this city is well...
22b Newtown Ave, Newtown, Wellington 6021, New Zealand
Long known for wine, New Zealand has a new interest in quality caffeine. Peoples Coffee serves espresso drinks such as “flat whites” (lattes) and drip coffees brewed from locally roasted beans. At Aro Café (90 Aro St.), coffee can accompany an...
182 Wakefield St, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Burn a few calories while adding many more during Zest’s Walking Gourmet tour of downtown. A guide will share local secrets (Did you know Wellington has more bars, restaurants, and cafés per capita than New York?) while you sample honey and...
Wellington, 6011, New Zealand
Ginger, kola nut, lime, and other flavors star at the new Six Barrel Soda Co. Sip your soda or float with a beef and cheddar slider, served with chips. Syrups, bottled on-site, are available for purchase so you can mix fizzy drinks at home. Corner...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village