Killybegs Top 5
Collected by Aoife O Riordain
The histories of fishing and carpet-making come together under one roof in this center where Killybegs’s most important industries are explained to visitors. Donegal Carpets grace the floors of Buckingham Palace, the Oval Office of the White House...
Slieve League, Shanbally, Co. Donegal, Ireland
You will need a head for heights to visit Slieve League; at 600 meters (2,000 feet), these are the fifth-tallest sea cliffs in Europe. What makes them so special is that they are also some of the most accessible ones. Nearly three times higher...
Dooey, Glencolumbkille, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Named after Saint Columba, Glencolmcille is set in a small coastal valley against a backdrop of magnificent mountain scenery. A few minutes outside the village, the cluster of small cottages of Glencolmcille Folk Village gives visitors a window...
3 Main St, Belleek, Enniskillen BT93 3FY, UK
One of Ireland’s most celebrated luster-finished chinas comes from Belleek Pottery, which is set on the banks of the River Erne just over the border in Northern Ireland’s County Fermanagh. The visitor center charts the beginnings of the pottery...
Saint Helenes, 11 Castle St, Milltown, Donegal, F94 E3W5, Ireland
The heart of Donegal Town is dominated by this imposing castle on the banks of the River Eske—and it offers a fascinating glimpse into Ireland’s complex history. First built in the 15th century by the local Irish chieftain, Red Hugh O’Donnell, the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now