Kiel Canal See/Do
The Kiel Canal was inaugurated at Holtenau in 1895; a decade later, just before World War I, the locks were enlarged to the size they are today. Ship passengers leaving the city of Kiel and sailing towards the Baltic can admire the fine brick...
Formed by ancient glaciers, the Kiel Fjord extends for 18 kilometers (11 miles) from the city of Kiel up to the Baltic Sea. Along its length, visitors can see both the remains of Viking settlements and fishing villages as well as massive...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles