Kiel Canal See/Do
The Kiel Canal was inaugurated at Holtenau in 1895; a decade later, just before World War I, the locks were enlarged to the size they are today. Ship passengers leaving the city of Kiel and sailing towards the Baltic can admire the fine brick...
Formed by ancient glaciers, the Kiel Fjord extends for 18 kilometers (11 miles) from the city of Kiel up to the Baltic Sea. Along its length, visitors can see both the remains of Viking settlements and fishing villages as well as massive...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum