Kiel Canal See/Do
The Kiel Canal was inaugurated at Holtenau in 1895; a decade later, just before World War I, the locks were enlarged to the size they are today. Ship passengers leaving the city of Kiel and sailing towards the Baltic can admire the fine brick...
Formed by ancient glaciers, the Kiel Fjord extends for 18 kilometers (11 miles) from the city of Kiel up to the Baltic Sea. Along its length, visitors can see both the remains of Viking settlements and fishing villages as well as massive...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May