Kiel Canal See/Do
The Kiel Canal was inaugurated at Holtenau in 1895; a decade later, just before World War I, the locks were enlarged to the size they are today. Ship passengers leaving the city of Kiel and sailing towards the Baltic can admire the fine brick...
Formed by ancient glaciers, the Kiel Fjord extends for 18 kilometers (11 miles) from the city of Kiel up to the Baltic Sea. Along its length, visitors can see both the remains of Viking settlements and fishing villages as well as massive...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos