Kiel Canal Daylight Crossing
At the entrance to the Kiel Fjord, a 72-meter-tall (236-foot-tall), brick-clad monument soars over the water. Built in the '30s to honor Imperial German sailors and inaugurated by Hitler, the Laboe Naval Memorial was left untouched by the Allies....
Formed by ancient glaciers, the Kiel Fjord extends for 18 kilometers (11 miles) from the city of Kiel up to the Baltic Sea. Along its length, visitors can see both the remains of Viking settlements and fishing villages as well as massive...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel News Why You Should Go to Los Angeles This Winter