Kiel Canal Daylight Crossing
At the entrance to the Kiel Fjord, a 72-meter-tall (236-foot-tall), brick-clad monument soars over the water. Built in the '30s to honor Imperial German sailors and inaugurated by Hitler, the Laboe Naval Memorial was left untouched by the Allies....
Formed by ancient glaciers, the Kiel Fjord extends for 18 kilometers (11 miles) from the city of Kiel up to the Baltic Sea. Along its length, visitors can see both the remains of Viking settlements and fishing villages as well as massive...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter