Collected by deborah koch
Near Maria Bhavan English Medium School, Kumarakom, Kottayam, Kerala 686563, India
We stayed aboard the bamboo vessel named, Kumarakom and toured the beautiful Kerala backwaters. At night we heard the sounds of festival music and distant drums. During the day the we saw fisherman working on their daily catch.
While staying on a houseboat in the Kerala Backwaters (often called the "Venice of the East"), we were invited to join a local ceremony. Dressed in the southern, traditional sarees of plain linen, the women danced in a circle around an intricate...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign