Collected by deborah koch
Near Maria Bhavan English Medium School, Kumarakom, Kottayam, Kerala 686563, India
We stayed aboard the bamboo vessel named, Kumarakom and toured the beautiful Kerala backwaters. At night we heard the sounds of festival music and distant drums. During the day the we saw fisherman working on their daily catch.
While staying on a houseboat in the Kerala Backwaters (often called the "Venice of the East"), we were invited to join a local ceremony. Dressed in the southern, traditional sarees of plain linen, the women danced in a circle around an intricate...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village