Kenya's South Coast
Collected by Marie Frei, AFAR Local Expert
Kenya is more than game drives and safaris... here are a few moments from my time spent in Mombasa and Shimoni.
Shimoni Village, Shimoni, Kenya
Finally, some quiet time. I spend the sunset on the deck, reflecting on a day's hard work. It's warm and humid, even though twilight approaches. Beads of sweat start to form on the bottle of Tusker on the table in front of me. Looking across the...
Trail, Mombasa, Kenya
It's feeding time at Haller Park. Dodging curious blue tongues and long swaying necks becomes a sort of dance in the afternoon heat. Nearby, students erupt with laughter as their classmates try to wipe the giraffe saliva from their hands. Vervet...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village