Collected by Tanya Matthews Cox
Woodvale Grove, Nairobi, Kenya
Well-known to locals and high-end business travelers, the Sankara is Nairobi’s most posh hotel in the hip neighborhood of Westlands. Not commonly used by safari tour companies, I recommend a stopover here for a real taste of the city in a central...
Nairobi City, Kenya
Derived from the local language in Kenya, Nyama Choma is a Swahili word meaning - roast meat. The Nyama Choma Ranch restaurant at the safari park hotel offers a stunning selection of roasted barbecued meats sizzling hot presented on skewers and...
Gogo Falls Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Families would be hard-pressed to find a more memorable place to stay than Giraffe Manor. Located in the leafy suburb of Langata, about a 30-minute drive from central Nairobi, the 1932 family home of a former candy baron was modeled on a Scottish...
90, Nairobi, Kenya
Katie Cadar sends clients visiting to Nairobi to Kazuri Beads "to support the work of the local women who create such beautiful handmade jewelry." Kazuri, which means "small and beautiful" in Swahili was formed in 1975 to provide employment for...
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast