Collected by Tanya Matthews Cox
Woodvale Grove, Nairobi, Kenya
Well-known to locals and high-end business travelers, the Sankara is Nairobi’s most posh hotel in the hip neighborhood of Westlands. Not commonly used by safari tour companies, I recommend a stopover here for a real taste of the city in a central...
Nairobi City, Kenya
Derived from the local language in Kenya, Nyama Choma is a Swahili word meaning - roast meat. The Nyama Choma Ranch restaurant at the safari park hotel offers a stunning selection of roasted barbecued meats sizzling hot presented on skewers and...
Gogo Falls Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Out in the leafy suburb of Karen, about 30 minutes' drive from central Nairobi, lies the Giraffe Manor. Famously home to the friendly, constantly hungry population of endangered Rothschild's giraffes, this is one hell of a place to spend a night...
90, Nairobi, Kenya
Katie Cadar sends clients visiting to Nairobi to Kazuri Beads "to support the work of the local women who create such beautiful handmade jewelry." Kazuri, which means "small and beautiful" in Swahili was formed in 1975 to provide employment for...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local