Collected by Lori C.
5-5161 Kuhio Hwy, Hanalei, HI 96714, USA
Every evening on the North Shore of Kauai, diners pack Bar Acuda for Mediterranean-inspired tapas that highlight local products. “The key is taking the finest ingredients and not doing much with them,” says chef Jim Moffat. He frequently changes...
2956 Kress St, Lihue, HI 96766, USA
The local answer to ramen, saimin is a broth noodle bowl uniquely Hawaiian in its melding of Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, and Korean immigrant cuisines. Hamura is a likably divey lunch-counter kind of place. Don’t miss the lilikoi...
6011 Koolau Rd, Anahola, HI 96703, USA
Locals just call it the fruit stand, and the giant acai bowl is a highlight: locally made granola plus apple, banana, and other fruit from the island. 6011 Koolau Rd., Anahola, 808-822-1441 This appeared in the May 2015 issue.
5520 Ka Haku Rd, Princeville, HI 96722, USA
Tucked among the pristine rain forests of Kauai’s remote North Shore, St. Regis Princeville’s lush 9,000 acres feel like they’re straight out of South Pacific. In fact, the classic musical used neighboring Mount Makana as a...
Maalo Rd, Kapaa, HI 96746, USA
Although on the Garden Isle of Kauai there are countless waterfalls, my personal favorite is Wailua Falls near Lihue. I've viewed the falls from helicopter as well as driven to the overlook; however, this image, what I would consider the perfect...
Hoolako St, Lihue, HI 96766, USA
No lions, no tigers, nor bears, but on Kauai, there are lychees, taro, and bananas galore. Come and enjoy the fruits (and vegetables) of the farmers' labor at one of the many Sunshine Markets on Kauai! With the nickname of the Garden Isle, it's no...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna