Collected by Katsura Sugihara
Katsura Sugihara′s Wishlist
1 Chome-8-20 Ōmachi, Kamakura-shi, Kanagawa-ken 248-0007, Japan
During a visit to Kamakura (about 50 km south of Tokyo, about an hour by rail), we spent an hour or so at the Miyamoto Kimono Shop (1-8-20 O-machi, Kamakura City). In one of the back rooms, this young man was being taught chado ("the way of tea")....
Kamakura, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Less than an hour south of Tokyo, Kamakura is a popular coastal town and home to the Great Buddha. This bronze statue of Amida Buddha, which stands on the grounds of Kotokuin Temple, has a height of 13.35 meters. It is the second tallest bronze...
Belgiergasse 1, 8020 Graz, Austria
Experience the delicious hedonism of Styrian living at Graz’ staple “Der Steirer.”The restaurant, which is dedicated to serving you an authentic yet modern local cuisine, has everything a gourmet could wish for. You can either enjoy a full meal or...
Lendkai 1, 8020 Graz, Austria
Graz, Austria's second biggest city, is sometimes overlooked by travelers, and thus remains a somewhat secret jewel of the country's green south. One of the most striking aspects of this historic town is its integration of modern design and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December