Collected by Katie Haywood
Katie Haywood′s Wishlist
Happy Isles, Yosemite Valley, CA 95389, USA
Despite being steep, often wet, and sometimes dangerous, the Mist Trail is Yosemite’s hallmark hike, with breathtaking views of the valley and two waterfalls. Be warned, though, that it’s called the Mist Trail for a reason: Much of the...
52801 California State Route 1, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
After five hours in the car, I was more than happy to hop out and hike the 1.4 miles out to Pfeiffer Burns State Park and get the prize of a beautiful waterfall. The water's color is an unreal sea blue/green that I have never seen before. The best...
2889 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
There is no better way to begin the grand taco crawl down California’s coast than by visiting one of San Francisco’s most famed taquerias. If you ask a local, chances are that La Taqueria is going to be an honorable mention. Accolades hang on the...
Mile Rock, San Francisco, CA, USA
I discovered Mile rock beach a couple months ago while I was on the Lands end trail and it is now one of my favorite spots ever. Every time a friend is visiting I make sure to take them to the labyrinth . The view is amazing, you can see the...
390 Capistrano Rd, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019, USA
With notoriously slow service, Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is a place best enjoyed with friends and plenty of time. The beer is good and the food is satisfying, and with Happy Hour starting at 11:30am Monday through Friday, it's hard to find a...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands