Collected by Kathryn Neely Muhlstein
Kathryn Neely Muhlstein′s Wishlist
208 Calle O'Donnell, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
A favorite with the locals, especially government workers at lunch, this place is always packed, and with good reason. For $10 or less for an authentic and delicious lunch special (with a drink), this place is a steal. Try the asopao de camarones...
Flavors of San Juan Food and Culture Tours is a great way to learn about the history and culture of the island while also sampling delicious Puerto Rican food. My favorite things about the tour: history, culture, and best of all food!
Old San Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico
A piragua is shaved ice with syrup. Piragueros (the piragua vendors) and their colorful wooden pushcarts used to be ubiquitous in Puerto Rico many years ago. Now they're few and far between (usually found in town squares) and with the heat bearing...
San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta Region, Chile
San Pedro de Atacama is located on the northern end of the Chilean salt flats. The landscape is a mix of ragged mountains and barren desert, resembling what I picture the surface of the moon to look like. At night you can take a ride out to the...
McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India
Photographing the Dalai Lama in India was a dream come true. I'd been teaching photography in Dharamsala for 3 months and lived right down the street from him. But that didn't mean I got to see him very much. It's very difficult to get near the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys