Collected by Marc Perrotta
Japan, 〒892-0871 Kagoshima-ken, Kagoshima-shi, Yoshinochō, ９７００−１ 仙巌園内
There are more than 100 shōchū breweries in Kagoshima and more than 60 of them offer tours that explain the process of distilling this local spirit. Though often made from rice, shōchū is not sake—it's almost twice as strong (though weaker than...
Japan, 〒892-0828 Kagoshima-ken, Kagoshima-shi, Kinseichō, 3−１ 山形屋１号館
Located in the shopping area of downtown Kagoshima, Yamakataya Kagoshima offers the ultimate traditional Japanese department store experience. Its historic stone building includes an expansive range of high-quality merchandise, from clothing and...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun