Collected by Marc Perrotta , AFAR Contributor
17881 Chiranchōkōri, Minamikyūshū-shi, Kagoshima-ken 897-0302, Japan
Located at the principal air base for kamikaze missions, the Peace Museum was built in 1975 to commemorate the pilots’ “patriotic efforts for peace.” The collection includes aircraft recovered from the sea, a re-creation of the hut where they...
９７００−１ Yoshinochō, Kagoshima-shi, Kagoshima-ken 892-0871, Japan
Begun in 1658, the Sengan-en Garden is the former garden of the Iso Residence, which was also originally built in the mid-17th century. The garden, which runs along the coast, includes small ponds, streams, a bamboo grove and several varieties of...
5 Chome-9-1 Ōmure, Ibusuki-shi, Kagoshima-ken 891-0401, Japan
Located on the island of Kyūshū in Kagoshima Prefecture, the Ibusuki Sand Bath is a great afternoon adventure. The sand bath is a therapeutic immersion into the naturally heated sand along the coastline. The warmth of the sand is thanks to the...
- 1 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 2 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 3 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 5 Where to Go in Summer California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom