Collected by Marc Perrotta
17881 Chiranchōkōri, Minamikyūshū-shi, Kagoshima-ken 897-0302, Japan
Located at the principal air base for kamikaze missions, the Peace Museum was built in 1975 to commemorate the pilots’ “patriotic efforts for peace.” The collection includes aircraft recovered from the sea, a re-creation of the hut where they...
9700-1 Yoshinochō, Kagoshima-shi, Kagoshima-ken 892-0871, Japan
Begun in 1658, the Sengan-en Garden is the former garden of the Iso Residence, which was also originally built in the mid-17th century. The garden, which runs along the coast, includes small ponds, streams, a bamboo grove and several varieties of...
5 Chome-9-1 Ōmure, Ibusuki-shi, Kagoshima-ken 891-0401, Japan
Located on the island of Kyūshū in Kagoshima Prefecture, the Ibusuki Sand Bath is a great afternoon adventure. The sand bath is a therapeutic immersion into the naturally heated sand along the coastline. The warmth of the sand is thanks to the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local