Collected by Marc Perrotta
17881 Chiranchōkōri, Minamikyūshū-shi, Kagoshima-ken 897-0302, Japan
Located at the principal air base for kamikaze missions, the Peace Museum was built in 1975 to commemorate the pilots’ “patriotic efforts for peace.” The collection includes aircraft recovered from the sea, a re-creation of the hut where they...
９７００−１ Yoshinochō, Kagoshima-shi, Kagoshima-ken 892-0871, Japan
Begun in 1658, the Sengan-en Garden is the former garden of the Iso Residence, which was also originally built in the mid-17th century. The garden, which runs along the coast, includes small ponds, streams, a bamboo grove and several varieties of...
5 Chome-9-1 Ōmure, Ibusuki-shi, Kagoshima-ken 891-0401, Japan
Located on the island of Kyūshū in Kagoshima Prefecture, the Ibusuki Sand Bath is a great afternoon adventure. The sand bath is a therapeutic immersion into the naturally heated sand along the coastline. The warmth of the sand is thanks to the...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun