Just Desserts in Madrid
Collected by Brandy Bell, AFAR Local Expert
From sinfully sweet pastries to the downright indulgent chocolate, taste Madrid's sweet side.
Carrera de S. Jerónimo, 30, 28014 Madrid, Spain
My last full day in Madrid, I was walking around the city, exploring the winding side streets that stretch out from the center of Puerta del Sol. I was moving along at a relatively quick pace when I came upon a group of people lined up outside the...
Sol, Madrid, Spain
Wandering around the Plaza Mayor area in Madrid, I came across a small gelateria. Already full from a wine/tapas lunch with chocolate dipped churros for dessert, I still could not resist the smallest cone....it was huge! I had a choice of as many...
Calle del Arenal, 13, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Calle Mayor, 2, 28013 Madrid, Spain
What could be more enchanting than sitting over the Puerta de Sol in the heart of Madrid? Why, enjoying the view with a pastry and cafe con leche in hand, of course. Let Mallorquina’s hustle and bustle of the downstairs leave you feeling like a...
Calle Argensola, 27, 28004 Madrid, Spain
Vive la French tradition of cheese as dessert. Poncelet restaurant is one of the stinkiest spots in town to start or finish a meal; the menu revolves around cheese and your olfactory senses won’t let you forget it. Cheese aficionados will...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now