Juneau's Top 5
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
1001 Basin Rd, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
For an interesting look at a slice of Juneau’s gold rush history, take a short hike near the bank of Gold Creek to the Last Chance Mining Museum. The museum occupies the former Alaska Juneau Gold Mining Company, which is listed on the National...
7600 Glacier Hwy, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Deep in the valley carved by the famed Mendenhall Glacier is this lush temperate rain forest boasting evergreens that tower over spongy mosses and coiled ferns. Tucked within this patch of forest, Glacier Gardens is a 50-acre botanical garden best...
2697 Channel Dr, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
For a behind-the-scenes look at one of Alaska’s most important resources, visit the Macaulay Salmon Hatchery, where you can learn about these highly prized native fish. Visitors can see king and coho salmon in different life stages, from small fry...
Angoon, AK, USA
Pack Creek Bear Sanctuary, located on the northeast corner of Admiralty Island, is one of the best spots in the world to view brown bears in the wild. An excursion here offers the chance to see these powerful predators as they hunt for salmon and...
76 Egan Dr Suite #100, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Adventure seekers won’t want to miss the chance to see the rugged Alaskan wilderness from a unique perspective as part of a zip line canopy tour. Offered by multiple operators, these tours allow visitors to glide on cables up to 100 feet above the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Natural Wonders California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know