Collected by Brian White
Île Saint-Louis, 75004 Paris, France
Just east of the magnificent buttresses of the Cathédrale Notre Dame, across the Pont Saint-Louis, lies an island sanctuary in the middle of this chic, bustling city: Île Saint-Louis. The one-way streets are narrow, with views of the Seine River...
Sveaborg, 00190 Helsingfors, Finland
A popular excursion for both locals and visitors, Suomenlinna, a fortress built across a group of islands in Helsinki’s harbor, is just a short ferry or water-bus ride from the city center. Begun in 1748 and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site,...
Elielinaukio 2, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Spread over four floors of a historic building in central Helsinki, Vltava is a comfortable restaurant with hearty Czech dishes and a deep selection of Czech beers. Not surprisingly, sausages are the specialty, but the salads and fish are also...
Sibeliuksen puisto, Mechelininkatu, 00250 Helsinki, Finland
Constructed in honor of Finnish composer Jean Sibelius (1865-1957), this seaside park and memorial is one Helsinki's major attractions. The abstract monument, entitled Passio Musicae, was created by pioneering artist Eila Hiltunen and is actually...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos