Collected by Julianne Gorny
Julianne Gorny′s Wishlist
90, Nairobi, Kenya
Katie Cadar sends clients visiting to Nairobi to Kazuri Beads "to support the work of the local women who create such beautiful handmade jewelry." Kazuri, which means "small and beautiful" in Swahili was formed in 1975 to provide employment for...
Gogo Falls Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Out in the leafy suburb of Karen, about 30 minutes' drive from central Nairobi, lies the Giraffe Manor. Famously home to the friendly, constantly hungry population of endangered Rothschild's giraffes, this is one hell of a place to spend a night...
KWS Central Workshop Gate, off, Nairobi, Kenya
The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is a center for orphaned elephants and other animals that are rescued in distress. The center though was founded to help primarily take care of Elephants. The are elephants that have either been abandoned by the...
Kipande Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
At the National Museum in Nairobi, if you push past the Snake Park and the herb garden, you'll find a lovely winding brick pathway with wooden and stone sculptures overlooking a river. It has several of the poorer residents washing clothes or just...
Slip Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
The Maasai Market is an excellent spot to get all kinds of handmade crafts, jewelry, beads, woodwork, and art in the middle of Nairobi. My favorite items were the stacks of fabrics with Maasai prints, plaids, and Barack Obama screens. At this...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local