Collected by ashley huckaby
Jerash Governorate, Jordan
I'll be honest, the primary reason I went to Jordan was to see Petra. But rather than fly in and out, I decided to spend a week exploring the country. One day I went to the ancient city of Jerash. It was beautiful - well preserved with the avenues...
Basman, Amman, Jordan
Tea is the centerpiece of Jordanian culture. I’m in awe of how Jordanians drink tea. Like coffee, tea is served in tiny glasses. The glasses normally don’t have a handle, which makes it difficult to hold when hot. You become really good at holding...
There is more to Petra than its iconic Treasury building and the winding Siq leading to it. Known as the Vegas of its time, crowds still converge to marvel at the ancient tombs, temples, and churches. Through the ages, it has acquired a myriad of...
One worthwhile activity when visiting Jordan is to browse the many women's cooperatives around the country (for example, the Petra Pottery Workshop shown above). These establishments not only allow you to watch women create beautiful handicrafts,...
Near to Lawrance House, Rum Valley, Wadi Rumm, Wadi Rum, Aqaba Province , Wadi Rum Natural Reserve, Jordan
My wife and I travel to a new place every year. We alternate years deciding where we go. 2012 was my year to choose, and I picked Jordan. When I told my wife, "We're going to Jordan and Lebanon." She said, "Ok? It's your pick." We flew into Amman...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind