Collected by ashley huckaby
Jerash Governorate, Jordan
I'll be honest, the primary reason I went to Jordan was to see Petra. But rather than fly in and out, I decided to spend a week exploring the country. One day I went to the ancient city of Jerash. It was beautiful - well preserved with the avenues...
Basman, Amman, Jordan
Tea is the centerpiece of Jordanian culture. I’m in awe of how Jordanians drink tea. Like coffee, tea is served in tiny glasses. The glasses normally don’t have a handle, which makes it difficult to hold when hot. You become really good at holding...
There is more to Petra than its iconic Treasury building and the winding Siq leading to it. Known as the Vegas of its time, crowds still converge to marvel at the ancient tombs, temples, and churches. Through the ages, it has acquired a myriad of...
One worthwhile activity when visiting Jordan is to browse the many women's cooperatives around the country (for example, the Petra Pottery Workshop shown above). These establishments not only allow you to watch women create beautiful handicrafts,...
Near to Lawrance House, Rum Valley, Wadi Rumm, Wadi Rum, Aqaba Province , Wadi Rum Natural Reserve, Jordan
My wife and I travel to a new place every year. We alternate years deciding where we go. 2012 was my year to choose, and I picked Jordan. When I told my wife, "We're going to Jordan and Lebanon." She said, "Ok? It's your pick." We flew into Amman...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet