Collected by Jerica Etheridge
Jerash Governorate, Jordan
I'll be honest, the primary reason I went to Jordan was to see Petra. But rather than fly in and out, I decided to spend a week exploring the country. One day I went to the ancient city of Jerash. It was beautiful - well preserved with the avenues...
Disi, Aqaba, Wadi Rum, Jordan
Everyone I met in Jordan was engaging, interesting and polite, including the children. If you find yourself in an old bedouin town, make sure to engage with the kids, who often speak english better than adults. Here they're playing with an...
Eilat, 88000, Israel
We took a four hour walk in the Arava desert at twilight, eventually reaching a small pool in the middle of the date plantation near the border with Jordan. As we walked we watched the moon rise and felt like we were walking on a twin moon-like...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 2Where to Go in FallThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 3Where to Go in FallEurope’s Most Overlooked Region Is Ready for Its Close-Up
- 4Cities We LoveTokyo’s Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen)
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World