Joel Speyer's recent Highlights
Collected by Joel Speyer
6 Place Paul Painlevé, 75005 Paris, France
This very old building (among the oldest in Paris) was a great structure in its day. They have a collection of artifacts dating back as far as 12th century. The one photographed here is not that old but it was my favorite.
Prague 1, Czechia
I can't imagine there being a more beautiful city architecturally than Prague. I bought a "tower pass" to climb all the towers of Prague. It may have cost as much as 200 CZK but was well worth it for the exercise and for views like this. The...
Kronborg 2 C, 3000 Helsingør, Denmark
This statue is in the dungeon below Kronborg Castle in northern Denmark, better known as Hamlet's Castle. The dungeons are actually pitch-black and at moat level. I also recommend going up on the roof of the castle where you can see the city of...
210 10th Ave, New York, NY 10011, USA
Next time in NYC, definitely check out High Line Park, an above-ground former subway line in the Chelsea neighborhood converted into a strolling flower garden replete with some old rusty track and amazing skyline and sunset views. Then take a walk...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Portugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5The True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is