Collected by Joel Speyer
28 Rue du Sommerard, 75005 Paris, France
The Cluny Museum, located in the 5th arrondissement, is one of my favorite museums in Paris. It was formerly the town house (hôtel) of the abbots of Cluny, started in 1334. The structure was rebuilt by Jacques d'Amboise, abbot of Cluny from...
111 Chambers St # A, New York, NY 10007, USA
I didn't have change for the meter, but then I looked up and saw the bank. Problem solved! But then I realized it was closing in 30 seconds. I had a decision to make... Do I take a shortcut to the teller and get the change...or do I waste money in...
Prague 1, Czechia
I can't imagine there being a more beautiful city architecturally than Prague. I bought a "tower pass" to climb all the towers of Prague. It may have cost as much as 200 CZK but was well worth it for the exercise and for views like this. The...
Kronborg 2 C, 3000 Helsingør, Denmark
This statue is in the dungeon below Kronborg Castle in northern Denmark, better known as Hamlet's Castle. The dungeons are actually pitch-black and at moat level. I also recommend going up on the roof of the castle where you can see the city of...
210 10th Ave, New York, NY 10011, USA
For much of its history, the western edges of Manhattan neighborhoods like the West Village and Chelsea consisted of small manufacturing buildings and warehouses that served the piers on the Hudson River. Over time, those factories were replaced...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village