Collected by Art Martinez
Sushil Nagar, Patrakar Colony, Shastri Nagar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001, India
While traveling through Rajasthan, my driver took me to meet a Bishnoi family in a village outside of Jodhpur. This is the matriarch of the family whose beautiful silver bangles on her arms and ankles and gold nose and earrings identify her as a...
5, Veer Durga Das Nagar, Paota C Road,, Durga Das Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342004, India
Our driver recommended that we go to Kiran Vilas where he works part-time as they were having a large party with the family and guests for New Years. At first we were a little skeptical: "This is the guy who asked if you are taking 'the pill', I...
The Fort, Sodagaran Mohalla, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342006, India
Jodhpur's colorful cityscape has never been referred to as dull! From bold, fiery spice stalls to decadent fabric shops, the streets are practically besieged with bright colors. Local ladies adorn saris in every color of the rainbow too: saffron,...
Ranakpur, Rajasthan 306702, India
The 1444 exquisite, carved marble pillars of Ranakpur's Jain temple are an exceptional example of faith and artistry. Ranakpur is a village in the Pali district of Rajasthan and is located between Jodhpur and Udaipur. No two pillars are the same...
Madhuban, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Charming stages throughout Jodhpur and Jaisalmer (Rajasthan, India) are dancers known as Kalbelia gypsies. Their captivating dance mimics the movements of the black cobra, the animal whom many in this group charm as a profession. I had the great...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now