Collected by Joan Schnee
Joan Schnee′s Wishlist
Sargeant Point Rd, Mt Desert, ME 04660, USA
Finding a spot to get a great sunset on MDI can be challenging, but this little park at the end of Sargeant Point Road overlooking Sommes Sound is the perfect spot (which is why the locals never let it sneak into the travel guides). With one...
15 Peabody Dr, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662, USA
The Asticou Inn and its adjacent azalea garden are exceptional spots to stop on Mount Desert Island. The inn itself is one of the nicest lodging options on the island just outside of the prestigious village of Northeast Harbor, close to everything...
9 Thurston Rd, Bernard, ME 04612, USA
Bar Harbor is home to quite a variety of places to consume lobster. However, none of them are quite as authentic and delicious as Thurston's Lobster Pound on the "quiet side" of the island. It's a bit of a drive from Bar Harbor, but the food is...
14 The Field, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
We had spent the previous seven days making our way up the coast of Maine, staying at rather basic, budget friendly accommodations. The final stop of our Maine road trip was to be the most popular, the most crowded, the most anticipated: Bar...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico