Collected by Joan Schnee
Joan Schnee′s Wishlist
Sargeant Point Rd, Mt Desert, ME 04660, USA
Finding a spot to get a great sunset on MDI can be challenging, but this little park at the end of Sargeant Point Road overlooking Sommes Sound is the perfect spot (which is why the locals never let it sneak into the travel guides). With one...
15 Peabody Dr, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662, USA
Skip the crowds at the Jordan Pond House and opt for tea and popovers at the Asticou Inn instead. Say "Asticou," and most people think of the lovely, 2.3-acre, Japanese-style pocket garden famous for its 70 varieties of azaleas, rhododendrons, and...
9 Thurston Rd, Bernard, ME 04612, USA
Bar Harbor is home to quite a variety of places to consume lobster. However, none of them are quite as authentic and delicious as Thurston's Lobster Pound on the "quiet side" of the island. It's a bit of a drive from Bar Harbor, but the food is...
14 The Field, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
We had spent the previous seven days making our way up the coast of Maine, staying at rather basic, budget friendly accommodations. The final stop of our Maine road trip was to be the most popular, the most crowded, the most anticipated: Bar...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys