Collected by Jimmy LaRoue
Jimmy LaRoue′s Wishlist
84 Marylebone High St, Marylebone, London W1U 4QW, UK
Daunt Books really is special. Even if you are not a big reader, it is well worth a visit because the space is so beautiful and filled with exceptionally well-chosen books. Daunt is the ultimate antidote to the Amazon generation and connects you...
Calle Isabel la Catolica 26, Centro, 06000 Cuauhtemoc, CDMX, Mexico
The 2010 death of the great Mexican journalist Carlos Monsiváis was a profound loss. Perhaps the best-known chronicler and editorialist among many excellent journalists, Monsiváis was especially well-known for his commentary about social problems...
Gral Arriagada 1568, La Florida, XIII Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
At noon in downtown Santiago, crowds of businessmen stand at La Union’s bar for a pisco sour and whet their appetites for a typical lunch—a plate of meat and rice topped with an egg. Nueva York 11, Santiago Centro, 56/(0) 2-696-1821 This appeared...
The Great Wall of China runs more than 21,000 kilometers (over 13,000 miles), not as one continuous wall but rather as fortified wall sections. Some of the sections date back more than 2,500 years, though only 8.2 percent of the existing wall is...
4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100006
Beijing's number one tourist attraction is a massive former imperial palace known as the Forbidden City. Between 1416 and 1911, it was home to 24 Ming and Qing dynasty emperors and their families and staff. In 1912, after the abdication of...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States