Collected by Barbara Cacao
If you'd like to trace Jewish culture in Vienna over the centuries until now, make sure you include these places.
Dorotheergasse 11, 1010 Wien, Austria
If you had been to the Jewish Museum Vienna 7 years ago, you would notice the fantastic change it has undergone since its new director, Danielle Spera, has been at the helm. You will find a lot of honesty and transparency about Jewish history in...
Berggasse 19, 1090 Wien, Austria
The Sigmund Freud Museum is located at Freud's famous practice and apartment at Berggasse 19. It has been painstakingly pulled together long after Freud's death. The furniture in the waiting room is one of the few original furniture assemblies you...
Karmelitermarkt, 1020 Wien, Austria
Karmelitermarkt has catapulted itself from forgotten grocery stall compound to trendy neighbourhood market in recent years. The market is quieter and smaller than Naschmarkt, but has lovely eateries such as Marktachterl and Viennese/Georgian...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys