Jewels of the Adriatic
Collected by Liz Cotton
Crijevićeva ul. 9, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Climb the grand baroque staircase and pass the Jesuit church, cross Gundulić Square, and follow the COLD DRINKS WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW signs. Then, yes, walk through the walls. Buža translates to “a hole-in-the-wall,” and a...
445 Rue Saint Jean Baptiste, Montréal, QC H2Y 2Z7, Canada
Maple taffy is an outrageous Quebecois treat. My friend here, dressed in her fantastic Canadian tuxedo, drizzled sweet, sweet maple syrup over clean white snow to create maple toffee. She let me flip the confection onto a stick, and deliciousness...
4050 Whistler Way, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4, Canada
This is winter in Canada at its very best: wide open, blanketed in snow, and totally wild. Blackcomb Snowmobile outfits 2- and 3-hour rides into the mountains out of the Whistler base. The trails are well-groomed and easily navigable, which means...
1000 Rue de la Gauchetière O, Montréal, QC H3B 4W5, Canada
Call us crazy, but we Canadians dearly love our winter sports. So much so, we built a dedicated ice-skating rink in the heart of downtown Montreal that is accessible year-round. Yes, you read that right. Rain or shine, winter or summer, ice...
There’s something romantic about a horse-drawn sleigh ride, but it’s even more special when it traces the shores of historic Lake Louise. Imagine snuggling beneath a fleece blanket on an old-fashioned sleigh as two mighty horses pull you away from...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna