Collected by Jerry Wilson
Jerry Wilson′s Wishlist
350 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90013, USA
Since 1901 (minus a few years here and there), Angel's Flight funicular railway has transported people up and down steep Bunker Hill in downtown L.A. At the top you'll find the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the...
5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA
Los Angeles is not widely acknowledged for its museums, but in fact, LA has some fantastic museums, including LACMA. Don't miss Levitating Mass by artist Michael Heizer - it's worth a visit, plus, it's free to see.
1200 Getty Center Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA
The Getty Center, perched on the hills above Brentwood in Los Angeles, is one of America's great museums. Free to the public and accessible via a computer-operated tram, the complex is a citadel of art and education, all covered in Italian...
4129001902, Playa Del Rey, CA 90293, USA
Biking the boardwalk is the best way to experience the beaches and coastline of L.A. Rent a bike in the middle at Dockweiler Beach and either go the 10 miles north through Marina Del Rey, Venice, and the Santa Monica Pier (or keep going to Malibu)...
Venice Canals, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Before L.A. became a concrete network of high-speed freeways, gondoliers used to glide through a series of manmade canals that were built in 1905 to recreate Venice, Italy in Southern California. The remaining two miles of waterways are a peaceful...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign