Collected by Jennifer Shepard
Jennifer Shepard′s Wishlist
167 Renfrew St, Glasgow G3 6RQ, UK
“For me, the art school is what Garnethill is all about. If I go out to buy a pint of milk, I pass this architectural landmark, and it still gives me a buzz. The school also has an art supply shop that I find very useful for my work.” -Stewart...
28 Gibson St, Glasgow G12 8NX, UK
This West End spot is known for its haggis, but on my first night in Scotland, I wasn't quite up to that traditional savory pudding of sheep's pluck, oatmeal, onions, and spices encased in stomach lining and then stewed into submission. Instead, I...
Pointhouse Place, Glasgow G3 8RS, UK
This new waterfront incarnation of the Glasgow Museum of Transport, which debuted in 2011, was voted the 2013 European Museum of the Year by the European Forum Awards. It’s not hard to see why: the collections here marry a supercool Zaha...
7 Buccleuch St, Glasgow G3 6SJ, UK
“This is a tiny little shop close to my home that’s been converted to an Indian restaurant with an open kitchen. It only has five or six tables, but it’s hugely popular and serves really great curry.” - Stewart Laing This appeared in the...
97 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 3HF, UK
Architects and designers, students of the pursuit or just anyone with an eye for great design: the name Charles Rennie Mackintosh probably is held in high esteem in your world. The Glasgow architect and designer is celebrated around the world as...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map