Jeju - April 2013
Collected by Tyler Duncan
Haean-dong, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea
Oreum are parasitic cones that form part of Jeju Island's magnificent volcanic underbelly. There are more than 300 scattered across the island, and some, like Daeroksan Oreum, provide a spectacular view of South Korea's highest mountain, old Halla...
Jungmun-dong, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, South Korea
The Giant's Causeway in Ireland is perhaps the most well-known example of seaside columnar basalt cliffs...and here on this green volcanic island on the other side of the world is a less well-known locale where you can find this geologic...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now