Jay Peak, Vermont
Collected by Jen Murphy, AFAR Contributor
Big Jay, Montgomery, VT 05471, USA
Most of Vermont may be lacking snow, but after a 40 minute hike up Big Jay mountain my friends and I were rewarded with lots of powder to play in as we skied back down to Route 242. Note for next year: remember to park a car at the base, or else...
2491 Rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montréal, QC H3J 1N6, Canada
Jay Peak is just four miles south of the Canadian border. Skiing from Vermont to Montreal sounded a bit ambitious. But a post-ski drive to one 0f the world's great food cities seemed absolutely essential. Restaurants worth the drive include Joe...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now