Collected by Jasmine Chen
Jasmine Chen′s Wishlist
5098 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
With her signature cobalt blue wig, owner-baker Alison Barakat (aka Bakesale Betty) is a familiar figure at this corner store, which has developed a cult following for its fried chicken sandwiches. The sweet treats are palate pleasers too. There's...
4923 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Discover farmers' market, Baja-style fish taco favorite Cholita Linda, set to open its own brick-and-mortar joint soon. Owner Vanessa Chavez features Latin American favorites like Peruvian-style rotisserie chicken and a flank steak version of the...
Alley 49, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Locals argue passionately about the area’s best coffee. The CRO Cafe pours Sightglass, which pairs well with a freshly made, hand-filled-to-order doughnut from Doughnut Dolly around the corner. This appeared in the March/April 2014 issue.
5008 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
An early anchor in the neighborhood, the first restaurant by Chez Panisse alum Charlie Hallowell backs up on the alley and draws crowds for its thin-crust wood-fired pizzas and other rustic fare. (510) 652-4888 for more information. This appeared...
486 49th St, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Soak in the holistic health vibe in this narrow slip of a store, where the medicine cabinet is filled with calming tinctures and the walls are lined with jars of herbs, teas, and other remedies. This appeared in the March/April 2014 Issue.
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map