Collected by AFAR Explorer
3 Chome-3-2 Nihonbashi, Chūō-ku, Tōkyō-to 103-0027, Japan
“New spa fads pop up all the time in trend-obsessed Japan, where bathing is almost an art form. Rakuzaya, a women-only Western-style salon, is known for its germanium mineral baths, a craze that took off after Japanese celebrities swore by their...
8 Chome-7-先 Ginza, Chūō, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan
How did 18th-century shoguns keep their robes lint free? With a brush from Edoya, where the twelfth generation of the Hamada family still makes brushes for every imaginable purpose, such as applying kabuki makeup (use the goat-hair hake brush) or...
84 Marylebone High St, Marylebone, London W1U 4QW, UK
Daunt Books really is special. Even if you are not a big reader, it is well worth a visit because the space is so beautiful and filled with exceptionally well-chosen books. Daunt is the ultimate antidote to the Amazon generation and connects you...
6 Liberty Street, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Nothing makes me happier than stumbling upon a really great bookstore, and this one in Savannah takes the cake! While strolling down East Liberty Street in gorgeous Savannah—my favorite of all the beautiful Southern cities—my husband...
Sainte-Avoye, Paris, France
Just down the street from the charming Carreau du Temple, an open-air market square in the Haut Marais that recently reopened after heavy renovations, sits OFR: a bookshop-cum-gallery that houses an extensive collection of multilingual art and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village