Collected by Julia Kitlinski-Hong
Japan, 〒444-0022 Aichi-ken, Okazaki-shi, Asahichō, 3 Chome, 岡崎市朝日町３丁目１７番地
It's officially springtime in Japan and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Okazaki Castle was a quintessential spot for viewing the blossoms against traditional Japanese architecture and gardens. The Castle was originally built in the late...
294 Kiyomizu 1-chōme, Higashiyama-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 605-0862, Japan
Kiyomizu-dera on Mount Otowa is one of the most famous temples in Japan, a place that appears in every sequence of Japanese travel photos. The landscape is all cherry trees and forest; it is among Kyoto's loveliest spots. The current structure...
Rikubetsugenyabunsen, Rikubetsu, Ashoro District, Hokkaido 089-4300, Japan
Stepping off the train at the JR Tomamu station (a 90-minute train ride from Shin-Chitose Airport, near Sapporo) feels like walking into a winter landscape painting. Bare birches growing icicles instead of leaves, naked next to green-cloaked...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village