Collected by Julia Kitlinski-Hong
Japan, 〒444-0022 Aichi-ken, Okazaki-shi, Asahichō, 3 Chome−１ 岡崎市役所東庁舎2F
It's officially springtime in Japan and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Okazaki Castle was a quintessential spot for viewing the blossoms against traditional Japanese architecture and gardens. The Castle was originally built in the late...
294 Kiyomizu 1-chōme, Higashiyama-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 605-0862, Japan
Kiyomizu-dera on Mount Otowa is one of the most famous temples in Japan, a place that appears in every sequence of Japanese travel photos. The landscape is all cherry trees and forest; it is among Kyoto's loveliest spots. The current structure...
Rikubetsugenyabunsen, Rikubetsu, Ashoro District, Hokkaido 089-4300, Japan
Stepping off the train at the JR Tomamu station (a 90-minute train ride from Shin-Chitose Airport, near Sapporo) feels like walking into a winter landscape painting. Bare birches growing icicles instead of leaves, naked next to green-cloaked...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights