Collected by Henri Louvat
1 Chome-31-１ Asamaonsen, Matsumoto-shi, Nagano-ken 390-0303, Japan
At the new Kai Matsumoto inn, located in the historic town of Matsumoto in the Japanese Alps, the spa offers 13 different traditional Japanese bathing rituals in its eight baths. The alkaline water is drawn from nearby Asama Hot Springs, which...
5 Chome-7-29 Minamiazabu, 港区 Minato-ku, Tōkyō-to 106-0047, Japan
I discovered Arisugawa a few weeks after moving to Tokyo and it quickly became my quiet haven in the city. The park used to house the villa of a feudal lord and was donated to the city in 1934. Arisugawa is simply enchanting. There are small stone...
4 Chome-2-28 Hase, Kamakura, Kanagawa Prefecture 248-0016, Japan
Most of our guests rank Kamakura's Great Buddha (Daibatsu) statue as one of their top ten highlights, if not their favorite. I can't blame them. Even on crowded days, one can't resist the feeling of serenity that envelops the grounds. From...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun