Collected by Christian Jurinka
１丁目-2-1 Hirosaka, Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture 920-8509, Japan
Kanazawa isn’t on the beaten path for most travelers to Japan, but perhaps it should be. It offers most of what makes visiting the country so interesting (food, culture, attractions), but without the hustle and bustle of Tokyo. This is...
3階, ノースポート アーバンドックららぽーと豊洲 2 Chome-4-９ Toyosu, Kōtō-ku, Tōkyō-to 135-0061, Japan
For children, the world can seem like a big, scary place. Tokyo's towering buildings, different language, and hectic pace can be even more intimidating. To help ease any possible anxiety, we took the boys to a unique indoor theme park called...
15部-40 Notojima Magarimachi, Nanao, Ishikawa Prefecture 926-0216, Japan
Located in the middle of the country, Ichikawa Prefecture has some of Japan's most beautiful mountain scenery and seaside resorts, making it an ideal vacation spot for overworked Tokyoites. We took a 6-hour fast train to the Noto Peninsula to...
1458 Iwanouecho, Hirado, Nagasaki Prefecture 859-5121, Japan
Perched above Hirado Bay, the five-story Hirado Castle is surrounded on three sides by water. Once occupied by the Matsura Samurai clan, the castle’s exhibits showcase items from Japan’s feudal period including, documents, drawings, armor, and...
2 Chome-2-2 Jigyōhama, Chūō-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka-ken 810-8660, Japan
Visiting Japan can be quite a culture shock. Remember Bill Murray in Lost in Translation? To help our kids get acclimatized after traveling halfway across the globe to the capital city of Kyushu, Japan, I figured a visit to the local ballpark for...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna