Collected by Jane Palecek, AFAR Contributor
Jane Palecek′s Wishlist
Lake Charlevoix, Michigan, USA
Last summer we discovered this unlikely art installation in Boyne City, Michigan. Just off the shores of Young State Park in Lake Charlevoix, numerous dead trees were repositioned upside down in the shallow water with their roots reaching toward...
Hubeného 2494/21, 831 53 Rača, Slovakia
Went out for dinner one night and my fiance's family brought us to this lovely little spot with a great outdoor area. It makes me think of a Slovak ideology on the usual sports bar or TGI Fridays kinds of spots with all the decorations and...
Staroměstské nám. 1, 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
Prague's Astronomical Clock is the world's oldest working one of its kind. Installed in 1410, it is located on the Old Town City Hall in Prague's Old Town Square. The medieval clock features an astronomical dial; "The Walk of the Apostles", an...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind