Jan Mayen's Top Five
Staffed by four people year round, the weather station at Jan Mayen is considered vitally important by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute. Monthly mean temperatures run 21 degrees to 40.8 degrees Fahrenheit, a surprisingly tight range due to...
The island’s only permanent settlement, Olonkin City (Olonkinbyen in Norwegian) houses the handful of people who work at the research stations. The accommodations are surprisingly comfortable, with a lounge, a bar, and telephone and Internet...
- 1 Longreads The God of Silence Speaks Up
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines to Cut Service to These U.S. Cities—Will There Be More?
- 3 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Tips + News U.S. Airports Will No Longer Screen International Arrivals for COVID-19
- 5 Trending News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?