Jamaica's Best Bars and Restaurants
Collected by Lebawit Lily Girma , AFAR Local Expert
Jamaica's best bars and restaurants range from beachfront seafood shacks to posh Kingston dining rooms. Jamaican cuisine is fresh and flavorful, and the Caribbean lifestyle attracts chefs who like to have fun with their food. The best restaurants may serve up local or international cuisine—or Jamaican fusion fare, which blends Jamaican homegrown ingredients with cutting-edge global recipes.
Sunset Dr, Montego Bay, Jamaica
If you're looking for a unique fine-dining experience under the stars, away from tourists and with gorgeous night skyline views, look no further than Robbie Joseph's Seahorse Grill. Tucked on the grounds of the Montego Bay Yacht Club, this...
Morgans Pass, Jamaica
This 12-cottage luxury hotel, 3,100 feet up in the Blue Mountains, is Jamaica without the beaches. It is the Jamaica of misty mornings, cool, cuddle-worthy evenings, and a musical heritage recognized worldwide. First as a private estate belonging...
Alice Eldemire Dr, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Hop on a small barge-ferry to be whisked out to a larger boat for an unusual dinner on the water. Dine on the covered top deck, if you can snag a table, for an alfresco meal with a glittering night view of Montego Bay’s coast...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May