Jamaica's Best Bars and Restaurants
Collected by Lebawit Lily Girma, AFAR Local Expert
Jamaica's best bars and restaurants range from beachfront seafood shacks to posh Kingston dining rooms. Jamaican cuisine is fresh and flavorful, and the Caribbean lifestyle attracts chefs who like to have fun with their food. The best restaurants may serve up local or international cuisine—or Jamaican fusion fare, which blends Jamaican homegrown ingredients with cutting-edge global recipes.
Sunset Dr, Montego Bay, Jamaica
If you're looking for a unique fine-dining experience under the stars, away from tourists and with gorgeous night skyline views, look no further than Robbie Joseph's Seahorse Grill. Tucked on the grounds of the Montego Bay Yacht Club, this...
Morgans Pass, Jamaica
This 12-cottage luxury hotel, 3,100 feet up in the Blue Mountains, is Jamaica without the beaches. It is the Jamaica of misty mornings, cool, cuddle-worthy evenings, and a musical heritage recognized worldwide. First as a private estate belonging...
Alice Eldemire Dr, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Hop on a small barge-ferry to be whisked out to a larger boat for an unusual dinner on the water. Dine on the covered top deck, if you can snag a table, for an alfresco meal with a glittering night view of Montego Bay’s coast...
20 - 22 Trinidad Terrace, Kingston, Jamaica
One thing is for sure: you won't find a restaurant quite like 689 anywhere in Jamaica. The young Jamaican Chef Lumley's menu presents the island’s most cutting edge food at 689–located in the trendy New Kingston neighborhood. Think of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free