Jamaica - Feb 2013
Collected by Kendra Slaughter
Lighthouse Road, West End, Negril ., Jamaica
Built on the edge of limestone cliffs, this secluded resort features 12 charming rooms, all of which have ocean views. Guests can dine on authentic Jamaican cuisine in a private grotto, or take in the scene at the candlelit Cave Rum and...
When I am on a beach vacation, I spend as much time in the ocean as possible. Unfortunately, on my last trip to Negril, I encountered some angry jelly fish. My reaction was so bad that I needed an anti-histamine. The concierge at my hotel sent me...
Fairy Hill, Jamaica
Located along a stretch of coastline that's sometimes called the birthplace of jerk cuisine, the Boston Bay Jerk Centre is hard to miss. Various meats are cook on open pits using a technique that may explain why jerk never tastes so good at home:...
Long Road, Jamaica
One of the most relaxing water rides you will ever experience is rafting on the Rio Grande (one of Jamaica's largest rivers). The journey weaves through the deep valleys and untouched hillsides sprayed with lush tropical forests and towering...
Kencot, Kingston, Jamaica
On Saturday mornings all over Kingston, Jamaica, cooks fire up the jerk pans. These characteristic grills—industrial steel-drums- turned-smokers—appear on every street corner. When I asked my taxi driver to find the best jerk chicken en route to...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles