Collected by Mahya Sharifian
Discovery Bay, Jamaica
Directly off the northern highway is Columbus Park, overlooking the scenic harbor at Discovery Bay, where Columbus was thought to have first anchored—although recent indications are that he sailed there from St. Ann’s Bay. The park is the only...
A3, Tower Isle, Jamaica
All the blues and greens were at their brightest, and it was a perfect day. Several happy couples said their vows, and right after, two ecstatically dove into the sea, fully dressed in wedding garb. Must admit, I was tempted to get married on that...
Adventurous souls should plan on a moonlit dip in the bioluminescent Glistening Waters, also known as Luminous Lagoon. Boats leave from a marina, located an hour north of Montego Bay, on scheduled night tours. As your tour boat...
Chill out from the sun at the Blue Hole Mineral Spring, a 50-foot deep turquoise natural pool sitting 20 feet below a cave opening. Jump off the cliff edge like the Jamaican divers on site, if you're feeling brave. Otherwise, head down slowly on...
6, 56 Hope Rd, Kingston, Jamaica
During an afternoon driving around the hills of Jamaica, we stopped for lunch and ended up walking on sharp rocks to what is purportedly the shell of Bob Marley's beachside getaway. It had seen better days, but the view of the ocean (facing the...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico