Collected by Julia Cosgrove , AFAR Staff
Off-the-beaten-path travels in the Caribbean island.
Long Road, Jamaica
Black River, Jamaica
From Jamaica's Treasure Beach, on the island's southwestern coast, we hired a local boat owner to zoom us a few miles north to the Pelican Bar (pictured). About a mile offshore, the Pelican sits on stilts on a sandbar in the Caribbean Sea. The...
Lighthouse Road, West End, Negril ., Jamaica
The Caves, just west of Negril, is aptly named. While the 12 cottages and one villa sit atop honeycombed cliffs, the Blackwell Rum Bar, a private dining venue, and the massage table of the hotel’s Aveda Concept Spa are actually in...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May