Collected by Julia Cosgrove, AFAR Staff
Off-the-beaten-path travels in the Caribbean island.
Long Road, Jamaica
Black River, Jamaica
From Jamaica's Treasure Beach, on the island's southwestern coast, we hired a local boat owner to zoom us a few miles north to the Pelican Bar (pictured). About a mile offshore, the Pelican sits on stilts on a sandbar in the Caribbean Sea. The...
Lighthouse Road, West End, Negril ., Jamaica
Built on the edge of limestone cliffs, this secluded resort features 12 charming rooms, all of which have ocean views. Guests can dine on authentic Jamaican cuisine in a private grotto, or take in the scene at the candlelit Cave Rum and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022