Collected by Julia Cosgrove, AFAR Staff
Off-the-beaten-path travels in the Caribbean island.
Long Road, Jamaica
Black River, Jamaica
From Jamaica's Treasure Beach, on the island's southwestern coast, we hired a local boat owner to zoom us a few miles north to the Pelican Bar (pictured). About a mile offshore, the Pelican sits on stilts on a sandbar in the Caribbean Sea. The...
Lighthouse Road, West End, Negril ., Jamaica
Built on the edge of limestone cliffs, this secluded resort features 12 charming rooms, all of which have ocean views. Guests can dine on authentic Jamaican cuisine in a private grotto, or take in the scene at the candlelit Cave Rum and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village