Collected by Jackie Atkinson
Jackie Atkinson ′s Wishlist
Field, BC V0A 1G0, Canada
Beginning in a shutdown campground, which was incredibly fascinating to wander through - think abandoned places where nature is reclaiming the land, the hike meanders softly along the degrading road and over a river. Then, the switchbacks begin -...
Adrianou 24, Athina 105 55, Greece
Most people assume that if you visit one place in Athens, it has to be the Acropolis. I can't argue with the sentiment, but I can argue that the Agora is a much nicer place to visit, and it has some of the best spots to see the Acropolis. Once you...
16034 Portofino, Metropolitan City of Genoa, Italy
Getting to Portofino from Genoa is quite easy. Take the train from Genoa's Brignole Station to Santa Margherita Ligure, and then catch the 82 bus to Portofino (a 12-minute trip around the bay). While I'm not a huge bus person, this is one of the...
Moraine Lake, Improvement District No. 9, AB T0L, Canada
Nestled at the base of the Valley of the 10 Peaks, Moraine Lake boasts turquoise waters that change color throughout the day as sunlight refracts off the minuscule particles of glacier-ground rock suspended within. Though it has a B-list rating...
West Glacier, MT 59936, USA
My boyfriend and I took his mom, sister and niece to Glacier National Park in 2012 and used Trail of the Cedars as an easy hike/walk to introduce them to the park and take in its beauty. We had all kinds of fun walking through, posing for photos...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter