Collected by J. Scott Donahue
J. Scott Donahue′s Wishlist
Khumjung 56000, Nepal
Going to Mount Everest is an experience that will leave you in awe of how big everything is in the Himalaya. Sleeping at 16,000+ feet is without a doubt a highlight not to be missed when in Tibet. Make sure you are reasonably fit and spend many...
Shangri-La, Deqen, Yunnan, China
Just outside the city of Shangri-La, China, my cycling group hit a slight-but-very-long incline toward a temple and mountain pass. While the grade was mild, the altitude was not, and it made for slow, tough going. Along the way, we came upon a...
Kaskikot 33700, Nepal
One of the most authentic ways to experience the food of another culture is to be invited into a local’s kitchen and served a home cooked meal. And so I found myself on Thanksgiving Day licking my lips as I sat across the fire from this old woman...
4002 Wallace St, San Diego, CA 92110, USA
Old Town in San Diego has a LOT going on, including many yearly festivals. You can find shops selling kitsch, pottery, beautiful items hammered from tin, Tibetan goods & clothing. At one end is a large square park surrounded by a few restaurants &...
During our trip to Iceland my wife and I were amazed at the beauty created by the interaction of the low January sun and simple landscapes. Here, as I turned to see what was behind me, I could only laugh at the sun's ability to transform me into a...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter