Collected by J. Scott Donahue
J. Scott Donahue′s Wishlist
Khumjung 56000, Nepal
Going to Mount Everest is an experience that will leave you in awe of how big everything is in the Himalaya. Sleeping at 16,000+ feet is without a doubt a highlight not to be missed when in Tibet. Make sure you are reasonably fit and spend many...
Shangri-La, Deqen, Yunnan, China
Just outside the city of Shangri-La, China, my cycling group hit a slight-but-very-long incline toward a temple and mountain pass. While the grade was mild, the altitude was not, and it made for slow, tough going. Along the way, we came upon a...
Kaskikot 33700, Nepal
One of the most authentic ways to experience the food of another culture is to be invited into a local’s kitchen and served a home cooked meal. And so I found myself on Thanksgiving Day licking my lips as I sat across the fire from this old woman...
4002 Wallace St, San Diego, CA 92110, USA
Old Town in San Diego has a LOT going on, including many yearly festivals. You can find shops selling kitsch, pottery, beautiful items hammered from tin, Tibetan goods & clothing. At one end is a large square park surrounded by a few restaurants &...
During our trip to Iceland my wife and I were amazed at the beauty created by the interaction of the low January sun and simple landscapes. Here, as I turned to see what was behind me, I could only laugh at the sun's ability to transform me into a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna