Collected by Mikala Kennell
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
The Baths of Caracalla, a third century bathing complex located near the Circus Maximus, was the center of social life for tens of thousands of Romans who would gather there—around 10,000 at a time—to exercise, bathe, and relax. Admission was...
Piazza del Popolo, Roma RM, Italy
A stunning piazza with the 3 boulevards of the il Tridente converging at the Obelisk and 2 cathedrals. A more grand example of urbanism you'll be hard put to find, anywhere in the world. From here, shopping (till you drop) and eating like there's...
00120, Vatican City
When I walked into the World's largest Church, I had two feelings : I felt lucky and exhilarated. But when I started walking under the epitome of Renaissance art, I had a feeling that has no defination or boundaries.The Biblical narration of...
Piazza Navona, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Even with Segway tours rolling through and street performers loudly competing for audiences, the 15th-century Piazza Navona somehow retains a shred of grace and elegance in modern Rome. Calm Renaissance palazzi face the piazza’s centerpiece,...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Travel NewsMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania