Collected by AFAR Explorer
The multi-generational kosher bakery on the Jewish Ghetto's main street sells Roman Jewish classics like ricotta cake, cinnamon-almond biscotti, roasted pumpkin seeds and pizza ebraica. The latter, which translates to "Jewish pizza", is a dense,...
Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
In June 2012, Marco Radicioni, an alum of gelato master Claudio Torcè, opened Otaleg in the Portuense district (southwestern Rome). After more than a year of study with the maestro, Radicioni he opened his own space. The name is simply “gelato”...
Via Fratelli Bonnet, 5, 00152 Roma RM, Italy
A popular wine bar in Rome’s Monteverde area, Litro is as famous for its clientele's Instagram snaps as its rich wine listings. For those hunters of natural and biodynamic wines, Litro is the place: You can choose from many small and...
Via dello Statuto, 60, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Maritozzi, Rome’s old school yeasted buns, were once ubiquitous breakfast pastries. But as times changed, so did the menu, and now only a handful of places spotlight this disappearing classic. Century-old Pasticceria Regoli and newly opened Caffè...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum