Collected by Christopher Rounick
89038 Palizzi RC, Italy
Sardinia’s third-oldest lighthouse, which dates to 1866, is now a six-suite hotel, Faro Capo Spartivento. Accessible only via the hotel’s jeep, Faro Capo inspires visitors with Murano glass chandeliers, an offbeat library, and a Mediterranean...
Bastioni Marco Polo, 41, 07041 Alghero SS, Italy
Located near farm and sea, the northwest city of Alghero is the place to try regional specialties. The restaurant Angedras expresses the city’s Catalan influences with local ingredients; try the mussel-and-clam soup, or the grilled pecorino...
Via Privata Adelchi, 5, 20131 Milano MI, Italy
Birrificio Lambrate is a well-kept secret in Milan, a city that generally prefers bitter cocktails to beer. The microbrewery opened its second gastropub just outside the city center last year. It’s already much loved for its free happy-hour...
Alzaia Naviglio Pavese, 286, 20142 Milano MI, Italy
The café Erba Brusca sits on a plot of land at the city’s edge, where concrete blocks meet grassy meadows. Italian staples such as buttery white polenta and roasted speziata sausage are made with herbs and greens grown on-site. Reserve a table on...
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel NewsThere’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 3Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5Where to Go in SummerHow to Take the Houseboat Vacation of Your Dreams This Summer